Sunday 4 November 2018

Vicar on the move

ST MARGARET'S STREATLEY


4th November 2018


Dear Friends,


I have announced in church this morning that after eight happy years here at St. Margaret’s, I am moving on to take up a new post as Priest-in-charge of the Burnham Benefice which includes the parishes of

Burnham Market, Burnham Overy, Burnham Sutton with Ulph, Burnham Norton and Burnham Thorpe.

These churches are on the North Norfolk coast which as you know is one of our favourite parts of the world and sad as it is to leave Streatley and the many friends we have made during our time here, the attractions of ministering in these historic parishes (the churches date from the saxon times and Thorpe was the parish where Nelson’s father was rector) and not to mention the long sandy beaches has proved irresistible.

I expect to take up my new post towards the end of February and my last services here in St. Margaret’s will be on the 27th January 2019.


With as always my very best wishes and blessings,




Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment